Ethics Essentials: Benefits
- Listen to highly respected, experienced practitioners over the course of eight modules, six guest speakers, and two panel discussions.
- Examine ways practitioners use to harmonize the three spheres of ethical situations facing public servants: ethics of public policy, personal ethical standards and organizational role demands
- Apply an analysis of the characteristics of ethically-tuned organizations to enhance current day-to-day management decision-making in order to accurately recognize the ethical dimension within dilemmas and to think through the consequences of appropriate or alternative resolutions
- Learn and apply a risk and reputation management framework for ethical analysis and value-based decision-making in areas such as human resources management, whistleblowing, accountability, political neutrality, freedom of information and conflict of interest
- Assess personal complaint investigation, accountability and decision-making styles by reflecting on how behaviour is justified in the context of competing values
- Explore the choices made and not made in explaining, modelling and nurturing the philosophy and values that guide public sector and civil society organizations
- Review “leading edge” changes in other sectors of Canadian society in order to anticipate and manage ethics oversight programs
- Apply the lessons learned by others to develop you action plans for enhancing integrity in management decision-making within your organization
- Test new accounting, auditing and reporting measures and techniques you can use to report your performance.
Download PDF Agendas
View Speakers’ Bios: Toronto | Ottawa
To Register: Toronto | Ottawa